Your excitement knows no bound that finally you will be with your baby at home .Your new life as parent has begin and you are not aware how to make arrangements for it ,coz you always want to be the best .
These are some tips which will help you guide through this journey
Getting assistance after birth
Post delivery the time is very hectic . When you are in the hospital ,collect all informations regarding lactation and feeding and newborn care . In the hospital only start brest feeding/bottle feeding . Learn how to hold , burp, change and care for the new addition .
Try to get a home help in the form of baby nurse or any friendly help.
Many time you wont agree to what the friends are saying .Dont dismiss it .Try to confirm with your doctor . If you don’t want much visitors and guests don’t feel guilty in saying no to them . Your baby is more valuable than any other thing in this life .
Taking care of your newborn: Few tips
- Make sure that the baby is not handled by too many people.
- Wash your hands and tell other caregivers also to wash there hands whenever they handle the baby as the baby doesn’t have a strong immune system.
- Always support your baby’s head and neck. Cradle the head when carrying your baby and support the head when carrying the baby upright or when you lay your baby down.
- Never shake your newborn baby whatever be the circumstance. Shaking vigorously causes bleeding in the brain and even death.Wake up the baby cutely by tickling your baby’s feet or blow gently on a cheek.
- Make sure your baby is securely fastened into the carrier, stroller, or car seat. Limit any activity that could be too rough or bouncy.
- Remember that your newborn needs to be handled very softly not roughly.