What can Parents do to Promote Good Behavior?
- Every day, ensure that you spend quality time only with your child.
- Be comforting. Give your child hugs, cuddles or a gentle pat on the back.
- If your child is sad or angry, respect her feelings. Try to understand why she is sad or angry.
- Enjoy things that are fun, together.
- If you make a promise, do your best to keep it. It is important that your child trusts you, and she will want you to trust her, too.
- Always look for opportunities to praise your child for good behavior and praise it as well.
- Ignore little things. Before you raise your voice, ask yourself, “Is this important?”