[us_single_image image=”2698″ size=”full”]
Breast feed vs formula feed
- Saturated ,unsaturated fat and cholesterol which is an important constituent of brain and nerve tissue all constitute human milk ,this makes the fat in breast milk more digestible than that in formula feed.
- The energy produced by breast milk is more efficiently utilised, than that produced by formula.
- Breast milk has an easily digestible combination with a good reserve of vitamins and minerals in it.
- It acts as a immunoprotectant These proteins offer protection against diarrhoea, food allergies and infections. The immunoprotective components of human milk include:
- Lactoferrin : binds to iron, thus rendering it unavailable to viruses and bacteria.
- Lysozymes and milk leucocytes: destroy viruses and bacteria
- Secretory IgA: immunoglobulin that destroys viruses and bacteria
- Bifidus factor: promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut and limits the growth of disease-causing bacteria.